Saturday, October 9, 2010

CASE Study No. 9 /Passion for Papertrey

When I read that the Muse for October over on CASE Study would be Barbara I wanted to try and play along at least one time.  So lucky for me I needed a birthday card for Opa ( Curt's Dad ) today and I went to work.

Here is the card that we needed to use for our  "Study"


I loved this card from the moment I saw it in the original post.  Honestly I love every post from Barbara she is one of my go to gals for tea in the morning hours before the ankle biters wake up.

There is also a challenge over on A Passion for Papertrey to use an Autumn theme in your card so I am going to use this for that challenge as well!!!

I love the layout of this card so that was more of my focus here.  I had made some of this background paper last month for the Blog Hop over on PTI and I thought it would be perfect for a male themed card.  



I added the woodgrain impression plate and I inked it up before running it through my CB.  I did not have a edge punch that I liked for this so I used my rick rack die on the bottom.

And here is a photo of Curt and his dad.  The stump where the bottles are sitting is a fresh cut from them working days on getting a HUGE Oak tree down.  Opa is 85 today and takes no medication.  He worked just as hard a Curt did to take down the tree by using his mind to figure the cuts and where it would fall so it would not fall on the house.  The whole process was perfect and the neighbors still talk about how it fell like an accordion right in the middle of the lawn.
God Bless Opa!!!!




25 comments:

Kara said...

Perfect masculine birthday card! I love the variation of colors you used on the leaves!

Rhonda said...

Happy Birthday Opa!!! Many more!

Love the card Sue Ann. The impression plate inked up looks very cool. Hope the packing is going well.

Gayatri said...

Beautiful leaves, Sue Ann!Love the woodgrain impression too! Great take on both the challenges:)

Nadine said...

Happy Birthday to Opa! That's a great photo of the two guys having a drink after all their hard work. Awesome masculine card too, btw. Love how you added the sentiment to the leaf embellie!

Keva said...

Aw, Happy Birthday Opa! I love your card. I keep saying I am going to get that woodgrain and never do. I really like it here..great colors,too!

Dana said...

Happy Birthday to Opa - let him know that the sun over Bavaria is shining brightly in his honor today! :o) Your card is awesome, Sue Ann!! I just love the how the gradient colors on the leaves give them such a vivid look. Did you use the tea dye ink on the woodgrain impression? That color looks great.

Terri said...

Great guy card. I bet he will love it! Hope he has a happy birthday!

Camilla said...

Very nice card - love the autumn colors and the woodgrain together.

Noora said...

This is really a beautiful card Sue, the woodgrain background is perfect, happy birthday to Opa!

Kay said...

This is seriously beautiful! I love how you did the leaves- AWESOME!

Lindsay said...

Awesome card Sue Ann! Awesome! I love the inking on the leaves and everything about your card.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh what a great card!! These leaves really grab my attention, great job with inking :) Thanks so much for playing with us - and happy birthday to Opa! :)

Aimes said...

What a gorgeous card - I love the shades of ink on your leaves! Just beautiful!
Thanks so much for joining us on CASE study as well as A Passion for Papertrey!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Andrea Ewen said...

Wonderfully Fall-ish! Love the leaf colors on that fabulous wood grain background. Simply gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study!

Lee Anne said...

I love the autumn theme you have and the die-cut leaves. The colors are perfect! You did a great job with the CASE challenge!

Jen Carter said...

Your version is gorgeous! I love the multi-colored leaves and the woodgrain background! Beautiful girly!

BethieJ said...

Sue Ann I LOVE the card!! FABULOUS!!!
and a very HAPPY Birthday to Opa (may I call him that! :) )
Hope your weekend was FABULOUS!!!

Amy said...

Wow, your leaf colors are amazing! Your version of Barbara's card is fantastic! Glad the tree falling is over and went as planned.

The next time we get together, we have to Skype! That would be so fun. No ritas this past weekend but a little wine was nice!

Chris said...

Great fall card and I love the photo of your hubby and Opa (with the beer of course!) - I come from a german background and we call my Dad Opa too (or atleast the kids do!)...

Thanks for playing along with the CASE study challenge, what fun to be their sponsor this week!

christy compton hall said...

I've been thinking of you - it's Oktoberfest time!!! Opa looks great and sounds like a dynamo. Oh, and I think I might have to CASE that Amazing fall leaves card :) I'll let you know when I do!

Curt in Carmel said...

First, LOVE the card. The background paper you created is stunning. Love how you placed the sentiment under the leaf. That wood background cements the "guy" card. Second, what a great shot of the two of them. I hope you don't mind me saying so, but your husband is a hunk! LOL Opa looks like a real great guy. I can only hope to be that luck at his age. Thanks for sharing! Best, Curt

Cathy's Rubber Room said...

What a great masculine card. Hope Opa has a great birthdy
Cathy x

Southern Moments said...

Wow...Beautiful Cards!!

Mary
Scrap n' Stamp

Curt in Carmel said...

Just stopping by to let you know you are missed! Hope you are well and the move went well! Best, Curt

Curt in Carmel said...

Still missing you!!!! Can't wait till your back posting again! Hope you and your family are well! Best, Curt