Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Peace and Chevron Stripes

What ....... twice in one week??  Yep, twice in one week.

Today is a card that I sent to my girls over at lululemon.  I love this store and their workout clothes are the best.  I was in the one here in Raleigh recently and LOVE those girls..... they are so sweet and I know we are going to have a fun relationship.

This is also going to be for the Chevron Chic Challenge in the Moxie Fab World, you can find the post here.


I feel that I am always at my best when the things are peaking.  Like the one time when I was working for American Airlines we had a plane out on the runway/tarmac and flames came out of the engine.  It was a Sunday so the airport managers were not there so I kicked right in to high gear ( with my 3 inch heels I might add ) and organized the whole deployment on the field and lost a contact.  I thought I was just doing whatever and the next day all the managers of the airport were talking about how calm I kept the situation.  I could write a blog just on working for American Airlines really a whole book.


Here is my one and only Anton.  
He loves his Star Wars magnet figures so I had an empty tea box and I covered it with black paper that I had heat embossed with white stars from the Let Freedom Ring set.  He puts them all over the sides and when he is done playing he puts them all in the box.


And my beautiful Asparagus that I picked up at the farmers market on Tuesday...... so YUMMY.  I bought enough for 2 nights.  Last night I drizzled it with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, a pinch of salt and some AMAZING parmigiano reggiano and baked it for like 20 minutes on 400.  The cheese is all crispy on the top ........ believe me I was doing plenty of tasting standing at the oven.

Have a great day.  
I am off to burn some calories at a Zumba class. 
 Thankfully my sister will not be there because I would burn more calories from laughing.  

12 comments:

Dana said...

You worked for AA? NO WAY! I'll bet you were a breathe of calm, fresh air (even in high heels!).
I love your chevron stripes, submit this to the Moxie Fab chevron challenge girl! It's fabulous!
I roast my asparagus the exact same way (minus the cheese) and OMG are they divine.
Anton is still the most adorable boy ever...my youngest would LOVE some star wars but I won't let him yet..mean mommy! LOL

Liz said...

Love those chevron stripes! I haven't convinced myself to buy them...yet.... :) I think I need to come down south and have you make me some asparagus. I always feel like if it's made the right way, I'd like it. Unfortunately, that's been few and far between! Your way of making it sounds wonderful!

Sara Mac said...

Sue Ann I'm so glad to see another post from you so soon. You always have the best posts. Your card is wonderful! I love that sentiment. I'm all about living with a peaceful heart in the midst of *whatever*. I can tell that you are too:) By the way, I think you should share a few AA stories with each post. Sounds like an adventure.

Lindsay said...

This is awesome Sue Ann! Love the design and that glorious ribbon!

Unknown said...

THREE INCH HEELS?!? You go, girl!

Love the card design, but the magnetic box is just TOO amazing! What a clever idea :) With two boys up & coming, I know I'll be enjoying the slippery slope of Lego fun! That's a wayyyy too cute pis of Anton :)

Melissa said...

Yum and gorgeous! I'm a big aspargus fan, those look delicious! And your card is beautiful--love the chevron and the focal image! Your cute little man and my little guy both have Star Wars in common....what a fun way to play with his toys!

LittleSurferGirl said...

Ok, why did I not think of using the chevron stripes vertically?! Love that!

And the asparagus? Oh my yummy. That is the exact way I make mine but I leave mine in for only about 6 minutes. I like it crunchy! My girls and my husband now LOVE asparagus! I think I may have to get some at the grocery store today.

Jen Carter said...

Fantastic!! Your stripes are wonderful and you stamped them so perfect too!! Very fun card!!

Denise said...

Ohh my Moxie Fab! ;) Love it! The color combo is divine... you are the cutest EVER making cards for the "girls at lululemon". I {heart} you.

Terri said...

Very nice, Love your use of the chevron stripes. Great tin you made for your son to hold his star wars people. The asparagus looks yummy too!

Amy Kolling said...

Love your use of Chevron Stripes!! Very nice done alternating colors! I can not believe you worked for AA....You would have been the best flight attendant!

As for asparagus....it's my favorite veggie! My family had a HUGE asparagus patch growing up and had to go pick it twice a day! Then my mom would bring it home, clean it, weigh it, and package it up for selling to ladies that would come to our home to buy it! So I know asparagus! I'm going to try your way.....so 400 for 20 min? What is the texture of the asparagus cooked this way? Crunchy? Soft? I have a great recipe for cold pasta salad with shrimp and asparagus and now I'm hungry for it!!! It's divine!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Sue Ann! Thanks for linking this up to the Chevron Chic Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)